Finding outlets for our energy

Cooking dinner..what are some hobbies you’ve enjoyed/are looking forward to exploring in recovery ?

Learning Spanish. Improving my Excel skills. Better at organization.

1 Like

Awesome...being multi-lingual is such a strength. I think it’s cool how many more people we’re able to communicate with having that tool in our belt !

1 Like

I've appreciated reading for pleasure again. Couldn't focus or remember what I was reading when using. It's been nice to reconnect with something I enjoyed in the past😊 Great question and hope you are finding some new interests or joys along the way!

1 Like

Like the gentleman above me said, "Reading for pleasure." It's nice to find yourself so immersed in a book that you want to keep flipping the pages. I am used to reading technical manuals and electrical schematics. I have also gone back to school, still in one class. I became a certified personal trainer, started a business, and also help coach my daughters volleyball team. I need things to keep myself busy or I end up in my head which is usually not awesome...

1 Like

It really is. It's hard knowing that people are being rude in their native language and assume I don't understand. I keep quiet because I don't like drama. Some days I want to let them know I know what they're talking about.

1 Like

Josh & Kevin, agreed reading is an awesome healthy method of escapism (that’s one of the things I like about it). Such a good tool to stimulate our brains ! That’s awesome you’ve become a personal trainer, something I’ve been considering as well ! Hope you both have a great day.

Haha yes I love the surprised look when people realize you can understand them !