Feeling Down

My past mistake was part of why I joined this app but now am in a legal jam.. my guilt makes me feel ashamed of what I've done and wont ever do again.. just hope this all can get settled smoothly and I can move on and be a better person.. anyone else in a similar boat? I understand if you dont want to say, just curious if I'm the only one :frowning:

You're not the only out there with issues such as the ones you're facing. Try to be kind to yourself and remember your values. You aren't a bad person, just someone who made poor choices. Once you accept that fact it might be easier to move on. Beating yourself up over and over is the worst punishment in my opinion. Hang in there buddy. Maybe try to correct your wrong by doing something positive; volunteer, donate, etc.

4 Likes

Thanks Janell, that made me feel a little better about this all.. you're right maybe stuff like that would help. For now I'm just focusing on work and college staying busy. Will try and stay positive, thanks for the advice/support :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I can relate.

1 Like

I can't say I'm in your shoes- but I know you are not alone. Throughout my life I've been surrounded by people who got into legal trouble while using.

But please stay sane. Forgive yourself. Learn from your mistakes and don't put yourself in a situation to do it again.

Things can come out brighter. I know someone who was facing 20-40 years earlier this year. Recently, their sentence has been reduced to 6 months in-house arrest and 4.5 years probation. You might have good news, too.

1 Like

Thanks amanda, I'll try. I dont think it' s as serious as that but still not great.. hoping I get through it okay. I never want to do it again, going to make sure I never do :slight_smile:

Part of life, unfortunately, is going through shame and guilt.

I too have felt these ways and have also stained my public record.

But its how we learn and grow.

Trial and error.

If you didn't feel these ways,

You would probably do it repeatedly.

1 Like

That's a good point. Thanks for that insight, the guilt and shame we feel does make it tough to do it again which is good because I really have no choice and don't want to replay the same scenario ever again. Wishing you well man, lets both keep positive :+1:

1 Like