Enjoy The Ride! ❤️

During active addiction/alcoholism, we became good liars. Lying to ourselves, others and our HP. We made excuses for everything including why we were unhappy! We would play the blame game and think we’d won by telling ourselves we weren’t the reasons why we created this terrible life for ourself. Now that we’re in recovery, we see exactly why that was so wrong. We know how to fix it now. We know how to take responsibility for our happiness. We don’t need to rely on anyone or ANY DRUG for it anymore. We can choose to play music, talk to our network, go to meetings, go for a drive, enjoy a nice meal or even relax in a nice bath! Our recovery has put us back in control....back in the driver seat! Grab the wheel, buckle you and your recovery up and see how far your mind takes you. We have the freedom now to follow our dreams and be responsible for our happiness without ever having to look back! Enjoy the ride, my friends! Enjoy the ride! :heart:

8 Likes

You are such an inspiration. I'm glad to have you part of the Loosid family.

3 Likes

That means so so much to me! Blessed and grateful to have found this platform and be apart of this amazing community! :heart:

3 Likes

Strong words.

1 Like

We made excuses for addiction. Now we gotta keep that same energy to be sober. Folks ask why I won't drink. I tell 'em because I get unlimited soda for the price of 1 beer at a restaurant.

2 Likes

well said!

1 Like

Thanks for reminding me to enjoy the little things. I have been trying to figure out what makes me happy now that I'm sober.

1 Like

It definitely takes some time but be active about trying new things and finding what feels good for you! Keep doing the next right thing girl! Glad you’re here!

:raised_hands::clap: thank you so much for this!!!

1 Like

:smiley::smiley::smiley:

My pleasure!!!! :heart:

Well said!

I remember contemplating how to get out of my alcoholic addiction. I kept thinking about how normal people had stayed sober all their lives and I couldn't understand how they could do it. It appeared to me that life would be very boring without being able to pick up a drink. I would ask myself, what else is there to do in the world if you don't drink? Boy was I ever wrong. Life has much to offer. One of my favorite sayings is,

The person who has the most to do with what happens to you in your life is YOU.

I don't spend my life locked up in the rooms of Alcoholics Anonymous. I don't go home and get locked into the world of video games or watching movies. I'm a goal setter. I read books and watch videos that teach me how to do things and be successful in life. But I also have to be willing to take action.