Dug out 12 steps and 12 traditions tonight. I’m going

Dug out 12 steps and 12 traditions tonight. I’m going to start from the beginning again. But this time I’m going to read a chapter and turn around and read it again. I’ve lived my whole life just trying to get things done as fast as I can. This time I’m going to go right back and see if I missed something the first time.

1 Like

dchc

I think that is a great thing to do! I haven't read everything straight thru again but you're right. I need to constantly be working on my sobriety or I'll risk losing the best gift I ever gave myself (sounds a little corny but I mean it!). I might follow your example :slightly_smiling_face:.

I think it's a good idea to dig out those 12 steps and 12 traditions and go back to a meeting. There have been in recovery for a lot of years. Coming up to my 30th birthday next month. You're going to ask how did I do it? I'll tell you the same thing I tell everybody else. One second one minute one hour one day at a time. It really works so do all the other things of course. Like getting a sponsor working the steps and making it the most damnedest important thing in your life beyond everything. Because without sobriety we're all a wreck. So I think you're suggestion to yourself is good and Melissa I think you're suggestion is good to work on your sobriety all the time. During mine my society I had plenty of dry drunks and didn't do all the things I was supposed to do. But I still kept that one minute and one second one day at a time thing going. This is how my sobriety works for a very long time I had not read the big book or the 12th by 12:00 so I go to a meeting in my area and guess what the 12x12 and the big book is all they read the two meetings we have. So I'm back to it anyway whether I wanted to or not. So hang in there guys and you are going to have best years of your life sober. Deborah