Dream or Nightmare

Yesterday morning around 5am I woke up from a dream, maybe a nightmare? It was the first time I actually had a dream in months and it jolted me out of bed. I dreamt of all the ways I could get high on meth. I have severe anxiety, depression, and PTSD so when I woke I was immediately in a panic attack. I’m staying with friends in Fort Lauderdale who are helping me get sober and they set the alarm so I can’t leave the house without them and they my wallet and phone so I don’t have the means to buy drugs. Which is good but I had nothing to distract me or help calm me. Tried reading that didn’t work and eating just made me sick so after pacing for a hour I went and woke them up and told them about the dream and my anxiety. They jumped into action. We went to the gym, meditated, worked on step 2 and went to a CMA meeting that night. Yesterday made 2 weeks sober and it’s all because of these two guys never giving up on me. To everyone in recovery that is struggling and having strong cravings feel free to reach out if you need to talk. I’m here. Sobriety is beautiful and we are so much more than this drug. Keep your head up it gets easier and you’re not alone. We’ll get through this together one day at a time! Love you guys!

I dream every night now. Nice mask

1 Like