Does this get easier

Does this ever get easier...

3 Likes

Heck yeah! And sober life is awesome beyond my wildest dreams. But it doesn't just fall out of the sky.

Do you have clean time? Where are you in the process? Please tell us more

1 Like

Yes. One day, it will feel like that life was another life. Like it wasnt even you. You'll look back and be confused how you even did the things you did or how it got as bad as it did. I have over 3 years clean and I've felt this was for about a year maybe a year and half.. Be patient! It get so much easier!

1 Like

I'm on day 5 of no alcohol. I can go a couple wks and then for some reason I can't the urge!

1 Like

If you can go 5 days you can go 5 lifetimes.

3 Likes

Same thing here do not drink everyday but about the 5th 6 day the urge is too much fighting that problem for years

24hr for me hear n im in this time done saying I'm done .. this time I am!!:peace_symbol::heart:

Have you ever tried reaching gout to any support besides here? If you are needing there are a lot of meetings and they are on zoom. USally there are people who even offer to sponser. Abyway, that can be another tool to remain sober

1 Like

It’s very hard but so rewarding

Of course

It does get easier! Keep coming back. Do the work. Get a sponsor.

1 Like

Leanna I read your profile….. amazing. Much respect

It does get easier. It helps to be involved in service work helping others. More involved you are the answers seem to be easier to come by

Hey Val, would you mind telling me more about this online AA meeting? I haven’t been to one meeting since getting sober, it’s hard going out with Covid going on.