Does the dating part of this app work for anyone?

Has not worked for me and wondering if anyone is using and actually working?

1 Like

I only see one when it pulls up for me. Maybe not as popular yet as intended?

1 Like

Lol it seems super dead, the dating side of things. I was disappointed at first but honestly this place is such a great resource for recovery stuff it's almost a blessing that I'm not on here chasing girls. It's like, I wouldn't hit on someone in a meeting, people are getting vulnerable, I'm thrilled at all the great recovery going on in here.

If I were to meet someone I connected with here, that's awesome, but that's not why I check it every day, and I wouldn't expect to meet anyone through the official dating channel.

5 Likes

There is a success story from the dating but as with all new apps it takes a bit to get popular. Give it time.

2 Likes

Hello Matt, thank for the post and reply. Yes, this is about recovery first and foremost. My issue was getting stuff from people who are not legit users or trying to scam as well.

Not really, only one match and it seems more of a financial interest rather than wanting to get to know me lol

1 Like

No one close. So unfortunately no.

1 Like

Had a few hits but no actual convos. Oh and a scammer too.

1 Like

Not much on my side either. Definitely some scams on the women's side as well. It's kind of entertaining.

1 Like

Well it sounds like we're all having similar experiences there :laughing: but I'm really excited to hear from familiar names that you're also feeling the support in this small, spread out growing group :grin:. I really do feel inspired seeing everyone reaching out and helping others. Makes me feel a little less secluded.

1 Like

Scams?

1 Like

I got one hit but I live on the east coast and he lives on the west coast. He said he wanted to date and when I questioned the 3000-mile difference he says then never mind.

Oh, and he admitted that he's not sober. Sooo… yeah, there's that, too.

With the app having a 100 mile radius on dating im not sure how he connected with you to begin with. Can you send a screenshot of the persons profile and the message to support@loosidapp.com it may have been a scammer and I'm sure they would like to check out how he connected past the 100 mile radius.