Does anyone else feel like they are having trouble with

It's not family and friends treating me differently. I decided to put myself out there and try dating after some time off and I have had some indifferent treatment over my sobriety.

I just can sense a dancing around. Sort of talking around things and avoiding. My closest friend who drinks and smokes weed when talking about drinking frames things as my problem. And it is. I can only control me and it was my choice to quit. Let me know if you sense something different

1 Like

Well that is interesting. I guess most people drink and we are outliers.

1 Like

Yes depending on the population size of your town , how many friends and companions that are suitable, all you can do is get phone numbers and use them daily or often, not every one is going to feel like they are part of the club, miricals do happen, all is possible to those that believe

1 Like

Huh?

1 Like

I started counseling for this issue. I celebrated 4 years sober last month but I havenā€™t been able to overcome this.

I work for an electrical manufacturer

Iā€™m in sales. How about you?

My recovery has led me to distance myself from all my former friends and alcoholic girlfriend. I feel very lonely often.
Iā€™ve gotten very active with my home group chairing the Friday night meeting and becoming the group treasurer which ultimately forces me to go often. NA has saved my life and now I am beginning to feel less alone. Weekends are the hardest so I am often at a meeting Fridays- Sundays and often a group dinner after the meeting. My new friends in recovery have given me the courage to venture out beyond the rooms. Starting a new tennis class in August and thinking of some other hobbies to try cause for 30 years my only hobby was using . . . time to make friends with people who pursue health and not destruction.

1 Like

I went on one and the date got hammered! Safe to say that was first and last! Amazing what one sees through sober eyes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m also finding the gym, meditation and self care is helping me a lot. Iā€™m on the middle of divorce as well and a strong mind is helping - hereā€™s my recovery formula mind = meditation body = gym/yoga and soul = therapy/emdr

1 Like

Yes and I find that I do it to myself sometimes. It makes others uncomfortable that I donā€™t drink anymore and I avoid their discomfort. Silly of me I suppose.

1 Like

I sometimes do because a lot of ppl find it a natural thing to drink socially and I canā€™t also most of America smokes pots so theres that another thing I cannot do but there are so many others in recovery itā€™s best to find those kind of friends to socialize with. You can find the at any AA or NA meeting you can do this believe in you and so will others!!!

I struggle with some of the same things just keep practicing by going out and socializing with others just like us in recovery. You are amazing one for being in recovery donā€™t be so hard on yourself I have faith that one day soon itā€™ll become a natural thing for you to socialize sober have faith and just believe that you are awesome enough without drugs and alcohol and beautifully made youā€™ve survived 100% of your hardest days because your still here get out there and donā€™t let anxiety hold you back itā€™s just in your head but if you repeat to yourself otherwise you will prevail