Do we need “Friends”? How many “Friends” do you have.? I have

Do we need “Friends”?
How many “Friends” do you have.?
I have over a thousand friends on Facebook someone says. Well ok let’s start with that let’s define friends. One of my mentors Mel Robbins says we have friends for a Reason,for a Season,and for a Lifetime!
Friends for a Reason:are people who share a common interest. These are things that bring you together job, Career, school, gym, church, social service etc. these are more of a casual friendships.

Friends for a Season: these are people who shared a part of your life and then went there own way because life got in The way. I look at these friendships are people like teachers, coaches, pastors, friends who moved away etc. These people mentored us and taught us life lessons.

Friends for a Lifetime: these are people even thou you don’t see them often. You shared a time or situation in your life that has bonded you forever.

Look at your friends list today.
I think we can find value in all types of friendships. It up to you to develop your friendships. The deeper the friendship, the deeper the value.
Who is the person that would take that three o’clock am call and be there?

I think truly, it’s good to have some friends in each category. They all play their role. And sometimes a friend who is one thing (for a reason) becomes another (for a lifetime). I think it has less to do with the quantity of friendships and more to do with the quality. When it comes to lifelong friends, the ones I can always count on and know they can count on me, I have around 5. But I have many, many more aquantinances, who are special in their own way but not someone I’d take a bullet for if you know what I mean

Ironically my only friend that consistently calls me is a chronic alcoholic from my drinking days. He calls as he’s getting drunk.
I remember being more spontaneous as a drinker for better or worse.