Do people truly understand & appreciate your sober journey?

Nice, great for you!

Sounds about right, well I hope you figure out what’s worth it & what isn’t, I know I sure had to & it’s been the best thing for me as well as I’m sure for others. You got this.

Makes more sense than you know, almost as if you’re speaking from my inner vessel. That’s just an unfortunate thing, but life goes on in this life with & without people as it does for those still alive, when we pass to the after life. Not everybody will appreciate the better you when they’re still being the same them & we can’t nor do we need to force them to. Life is too beautiful to continue to waste. Keep moving forward! You got this!

What’s understood don’t need to be explained! Keep up your journey!

That’s a fair statement & I couldn’t agree more.

I really don't know because I don't think anyone knows my story, my journey. I guess the only people who would understand and appreciate it are people who have traveled down this road.

2 Likes

Hi Danielle,
I understand. That's why I don't discuss anything with anyone. I stopped drinking because I wanted to stop, period. I explained it to a girlfriend of mine because I became friends with a former friend of hers, but she was a drinking buddy.
So only one person. One other person I told about my decision and this person said how surprised they were because I have it all together! Lol. Ok.
Have a awesome day.

2 Likes

This 100%. I have to remind myself of this constantly :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I can relate, I believe empathy can go a long way with those who don’t truly understand addiction from a first hand experience but that only goes so far as well.

I believe I do for myself. I was very close to death because of my health and now see that this is my blessed second chance at life. It's beautiful and I won't give this opportunity up for anything or anyone. It is a personal journey and I am thankful for it every day. When I forget, I try to catch myself quick but if not later to remember that small things or even large problems in life are still problems in life. My alcoholism almost jeapordized that. People close to me under but, I don't share that expect here, in meetings or with my family who had to live it too and still are there for me. In my opinion others might not understand or care to hear it.

1 Like