Difficult situation

I have been staying with my mom and her boyfriend since December while I continue to recover from major surgeries last year (I had stage 4 liver disease). I'm doing better but still can't live independently yet.

My mom's boyfriend unexpectedly needed to go to the hospital early last week due to a severe nose bleed. It ended up being alcohol withdrawal. He is denying to her that is what it could be (thinks the doctor's are wrong after 3 and 1/2 days of hospitalization). I didn’t notice before because I didn’t think to look for it or suspect it but now I am seeing all of the hiding tricks I used to use ...

I really don't have another option of where to live for at least a few months. The situation isn't tempting me to drink but I am very uncomfortable with this and wish I knew what to do.

Any thoughts?

That's a tough one . Wish I could help :disappointed: do you have friends in the area that you can hang out with during the day so your not at the house as much ? That way you basically would just have to sleep there ?!?!?

1 Like

Could you describe why you feel uncomfortable? I know when I feel uncomfortable i need to take a moment to explore my expectations. Once I understand why I feel uncomfortable and bare witness to those feelings. Then I can make some personal adjustments and that seems to help me have more desirable outcomes.

We can do this stuff. Your reaching out expressing yourself and asking for feedback is huge.

1 Like

That is a good idea. I don't know if it works right now, but thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Jason.

You betcha! Feel better soon, have a great day...