Descriptions of anxiety? I would really like to hear from

Descriptions of anxiety? I would really like to hear from phellow peers in recovery about their physical feeling when getting hit with anxiety...and any successful coping skills to accept and/or overcome it.

I consider myself lucky. I just get tightness in my shoulders from anxiety. Deep stretching and yoga help me with this. Also voodoo things like using healing crystals and rocks with meaning while meditating to regress and connect spiritually. Number one is to do things YOU enjoy to balance out the anxiety with positivity!

I had a lot of anxiety my first couple of weeks. The times my mind was racing and thoughts were uncontrollably occupying my mind were pretty constant when I wasn't occupying myself with meditation, excercise, reading, doing projects around my house. Now I still do all those things but my mind doesn't race, and I don't get lost in negative thought like I used to. Now I only occasionally feel anxious, bit that is just a normal part of life, and a little meditation and exercise and my mind feels centered again. Not being able to deal with anxiety and stress was one of my issues that led me to abuse alcohol so I have been trying hard to learn healthy coping methods.

My physical feelings were heighten adrenaline triggered by a fight or flight reaction. Before I would always choose flight or escape through mind altering substances, but that never really dealt with it. Now that I have chosen fight I realize you can beat down those negative feelings and take away their power over you with a little practice.