Depressed from hell. Nothing seems to be going good. A

Depressed from hell. Nothing seems to be going good. A week ago I'll have myself committed I can't deal with depression it means I didn't anymore

Getting help for depression is not giving up or failing. Depression is not something you can just "get over" as people try to tell you. It is gonna be tough at times but it will get better.

1 Like

I know about depression. Believe me! What helps me is accepting that I have depression and some days I’m going to have little more to offer than what my poor meat sack of a body can and that is okay! Trying to change my thoughts or wishing things were different or better than they are hasn’t proved to be helpful. I just try to learn to be with it and do anything really fucked up. Good luck. I know it sucks balls.

Main thing is you have identified it as depression a d you're not talking for it and believing that it is a rational response to your reality. Now treat it as you would a broken leg. Identify your current limitations. Treat the pain as much as possible (no. Alcohol is not medicine), and then ride it out. It is rather cliche to say this too shall pass but remember two things. First most cliches are based in truth as is this one. Second it will pass but it may take it's sweet time to do so. Be patient.

Thx y'all I'm going to rehab Tuesday for it

1 Like

You'll be fine...It's just a matter of time