Day one.... again

Day one.... again. Was sober for 4 years and about a year ago I screwed up. Feeling very disappointed in myself but I’m trying to be kind in the process.

3 Likes

You know it’s possible and we all know you can do it. Congrats on today

1 Like

Thank you

Don’t feel disappointed. The 4 years you spend sober still count. This is just a hiccup. Day one of the new you. Very exciting! Enjoy it!

3 Likes

Welcome back

1 Like

Don't be too hard on yourself, we all slip up from time to time. Learn from it and keep pushing forward and keep that head up! :grin:

1 Like

I’ve had plenty of Day Ones. I haven’t made it a year yet, and I can imagine that hitting the reset button again after having a strong period must hurt.
But the part of you that’s disappointed is the same part that knows your potential.

From a newbie perspective, it’s daunting to see that even the mighty are vulnerable to relapse.
But nonetheless, I admire how long you were going, and I am relieved to see you realign yourself to becoming better.

2 Likes

Me too. I’m trying though

Good luck

Don’t forget it’s a disease. It’s out there doing push-ups the parking lot waiting for you to slip. 

2 Likes

Glad you are back

1 Like

I have been struggling with this disease for 30 years, I got clean in 2008 to 2013 from drugs, then thought I could drink...I was wrong. Oddly enough my sober date then, was 3/26/2008 now it’s 3/26/2021...a sign? I believe so. Stay positive, it’s so much easier on this side of things, I have to keep reminding myself of that because my disease is a con artist.

1 Like

Yes, be kind to yourself. That definitely helps.

Keep going. Give it your all 1 day at a time.

1 Like

Welcome back! Your sobriety knowledge isn’t lost just resetting a clock. Sober time doesn’t define quality of sobriety. Here to help