Day ?, AA vs NA

I stopped counting I think it’s about a week now. Trying not to focus on the time. Im trying midnight group zoom AA meetings, but I’m also a drug addict, is there a place for both? I feel weird about it, I don’t know how to get a sponsor, this is all overwhelming.

Just be patient and ask a lot of questions in your meetings, newcomer meetings are good for that. I also was both alcoholic and addict, both groups have pretty much the same principle when it comes to being powerless over drugs and alcohol :slight_smile:

1 Like

A week sober? That's a start for sure, and you don't necessarily need both meetings because either one helps you stop drinking and drugs but NA was more for me, because I drank when I used but if you're not tired meetings are good at anytime. As far as a sponsor, go to a women's or regular meetings, and they usually pass around a sign in sheet with sponsors and they give it to you after meetings. Just when you introduce yourself, say it's your first meeting and you will need a sponsor, so all the women who wants to be a sponsor will talk to you after or sign a list thats being passed around. A quick question is does having a sponsor help you? And does meetings help you stay sober? But one week is a start. Keep checking in here at least to talk about whatever. Hang in there and be strong.

1 Like

There are way more AA than NA meetings and the “open “ AA meetings are for anyone . You can probably find more people who were heavy drug users in NA than AA, but other than that , both focus on a lot of the same things .

You might relate more to a meeting with people similar to your favorite drug of choice.