Day 9. I

Day 9. I feel like I crave a drink but I keep reminding myself what it will lead to. Crying over bs, throwing up cuz I over drink, being sloppy, Waking up to a pounding headache, throwing up again, looking and feeling like shit. Cant eat or drink anything. Just writing this on this post made me say oh yea nevermind!!!

2 Likes

u got this. it only gets easier. every time u say no u reinforce that behavior and it becomes easier the next time. neuroplasticity is real

1 Like

Thank you. I know wknds will be the hardest but I have to do this. I'm tired. I want more out of life.

1 Like

It always good to play the tape and remember the pain. I’m terrified of ever detoxing again. Each time it gets worse too so not sure I could do it again. Stay strong! :muscle:

Yup, that's called playing the tape forward and you did an awesome job of it! That won't always be enough though so stay in contact with your recovery people and make recovery as big a part of your life as possible. The reward is so worth it

alcohol is destructive. literally destroys ur body from the inside out. so when u drink u become less. if u want more u need to let ur body be and let it grow eat healthy foods dont put any poison in it! ur body is strong and powerful and through greater physical and mental strength u will be able to literally do more; walk more, run more, listen more, laugh more. anything u want! alcohol will never give u more out of life. only less

Stephanie if you want more out of life you have to do more than “just not drink”. If all your focus is on not drinking , it's like bringing everything to a halt and your standing still. Start moving forward. Make a plan and get busy doing it. You will find that you are not focused so much on you addiction that it incapacitates you. I am glad to hear that you want more out of life. You stopped drinking now start living.

Hang in there! :slight_smile:

1 Like