Day 59. Feeling a bit sad. I feel like there’s

Day 59. Feeling a bit sad. I feel like there’s nothing to get excited about. I Just work and sleep. Lost all my friends and family relationships. Still have all that shit in my head. In a relationship that I don’t want to be in…
Can’t wait to get off work and go to a meeting!!!

5 Likes

You got this :muscle:

1 Like

The good thing is you see the road ahead and see the things that need change. You can do this.

2 Likes

You could be going thru P.A.W.S . Post accute withdraw syndrome!! There are a lot of things to go thru when getting clean let me know if I can help ok

1 Like

Br PROUD of yourself. 59 days is AWESOME! I know that sobriety can seem mundane... but that's bc ur life before--was completely chaotic! And the adrenaline from chaos might be what's missing...? Count ur blessings-- it gets better. I PROMISE!

2 Likes

59 days is great. I’m on 52 days sober from alcohol and I’m slowly getting better everyday. You got this. Hang in there

1 Like

Waking up everyday clean gets me excited once I started taking the suggestion are the program of recovery my life started to change and everything is getting better it says we only have to change one thing and that's everything I believe in you and I'm praying for you much love and respect

2 month chip coming up. That’s pretty great. What an accomplishment!!

By day 59 my sponsor had me deep into a searching and fearless moral inventory. I was on a path of self discovery like none I’d ever been on. I was identifying resentment I’d held onto for years and years. I was coming to grips with control issues. I was seeing the lies I had told others, and to a large extent, believed myself.

My hand hurt from writing. I was emotional. It was during this time, honestly, when my desire to drink, and furthermore the notion that I was missing out by not drinking, was noticeably diminishing.

I know all about the stuff that makes people avoid 12 step recovery. And I understand the desire to find alternatives. For me and millions of alcoholics like me, working the steps saved my life snd restored purpose. They gave me something that I now enjoy passing on to others just beginning the path of sobriety, or those seeking a change.

1 Like

Hi,
There will be days like this. Just take comfort in knowing it'll pass. It will.
Be proud of your progress. No said it'll be easy, but you can do it.

1 Like

Like Nicole said there are going to be days like that
It will pass if you are struggling hard reach out to your support group or go to a meeting and share
And remember we can achieve anything if we truly want to and set our mind and heart to it

2 Likes

It will get better. But there are always ups and downs. Just not always easy to see through the downs