Day 5, still having anxiety, paranoid and can’t sleep. I

Day 5, still having anxiety, paranoid and can’t sleep. I thought I would be starting to feel better by now.

1 Like

After stopping alcohol. It went away, but to get a good sleep took a whille. I just always tell myself little to no sleep sober is a ton better than blackout sleeps . drunk sleep isn't even sleep…

Girl you swam 5 miles out to sea, it’s gonna take a minute to swim back. Hot baths with epsom salt, working out if you can manage it, meditation, chocolate, bubbly water and taking naps all helped/help me :heart:

It took me a couple of weeks before I started to feel better consistently. Your body is out of whack at first. I used exercise, meditation, and keeping myself busy to get through it. Also I read a lot, especially articles on the physical and mental benifits of quitting to keep myself positive and motivated. Now I feel much, much better than I used to.

As silly as it sounds, I tell my smart speaker to play sounds of the ocean. They're on all the major streaming services. I listen to those and just close my eyes

It takes at least 7 days for the alcohol to get out of your system. You’ll feel better soon. Hang in there!

It takes time ..one day at time.

Drink some caffeine free tea, like licorice tea from egypt. Also the fresh herbs of lemon and spice teas are good too. You'll get a good nights rest unless you drink coffee after 6. :slight_smile: