Day 5 feeling good and I know I will continue

Day 5 feeling good and I know I will continue to feel good, but then I always get to the point where I feel so good I think I can indulge every other weekend and it slowly starts to work its way in to 2 then 3 then 4 days every wk. I already can feel myself trying to consider when I may be able to include it again. Repetitive pattern. Anyways, looking for tips on how to keep the momentum and feel good without drinking.

3 Likes

Create a schedule that doesn't involve alcohol and follow it. Eventually, not drinking will turn into a habit.

2 Likes

What do you do when you're bored eventually you just have to be ok with not having things to fill the schedule. Gets hard for me sometimes

Find things to do to prevent boredom. You can play games online. Try a new hobby.

1 Like

Video games is a good start they are euphoric too

1 Like

One of the best gifts of sobriety IMO is being free from the compulsion of having to do something. Just being present and content. If you’re bored get a change of scenery, do something you’ve never done before or maybe thought was dumb because drinking isn’t involved. You may find yourself even inspiring others to enjoy sobriety (life) really. Good luck on your journey. I hope you find the gift.:blush:

You dont have to do it by yourself!

1 Like

Other Matt brings up a good point. It is much, much easier to maintain sobriety with a support network and a plan. For me, that plan involves going to meetings and doing step work. That might not be for everyone but it's the only thing that has ever worked for me. Of course drinking was killing me literally, that might not be the case for you.

There's nothing wrong with popping into an AA meeting and sharing where you're at. You'll find lots of experience and strength in those rooms.

You have to weigh how much you want or need to quit against what you're willing to do. But it's very difficult for many of us to decide to stop and then just sort of actually stop without further reinforcement or a plan of recovery.

Lets snuggle, that will take your mind away from drinking