Day 30. I haven't gone this long without drugs or

Day 30. I haven't gone this long without drugs or alcohol for at least 10 years. I honestly didn't expect how hard these past 30 days would be but it's been worth it and so very happy to have this support from you guys. It means a lot to me. My anxiety has gone down, I'm sleeping better-ish, I'm more motivated and have more energy, more hopeful and not that it's higher up on my list but I'm starting to look physically better as well. Thank you guys for being there for me at times when I needed to talk! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Awesome! You are doing great. Its amazing how much better you start feeling… if I remember correctly when I hit three months I finally started sleeping through the night. It was incredible. I realized I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in almost 15 years.

1 Like

Thank you… it's why it's great to talk to others who have gone through this because there were times I'm like damn I feel WORSE! but then you hear others felt the same way and it does get better. Another reason why I wanted to post … so others hopefully hang in there too. I know the struggles aren't over and there will still be bumps and hurdles down the road but keeping myself in the present as much as I can and right now I'm feeling great.

2 Likes

Yessss Nichole! Get it! 30 days is quite an accomplishment. Keep going!! You got this!!!

1 Like

Thank you.. that's my plan :blush:

1 Like

Ur new pic is beautiful btw! Love ur hair! So flippy!

Thank yoooou! I do my hair and put a little make up on like 3 times a year. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Looks bombbbb !!

2 Likes

Yes.. this is the best thing I've learned so far. :blush:

You got this! The good things keep coming: sleep, remembering things, eating better, saving $$, withdrawals fading, etc.

1 Like

Omg! You brought up some other good things that I've noticed too. Thank you… memories have come back and hell yeah saving $$$$$$$ who doesn't love that

Keep it up

1 Like

Keep it up great job

Thank you :blush:

Keep it up girl

1 Like

You got this girl!!! Great job!!!

1 Like

That's terrific! I'm proud of you. One day at a time, just like Lauren said :slightly_smiling_face: it's not just a cliche

1 Like

Atta girl!!!!

1 Like

You can get 30 more days

1 Like

Short of jail stints or the like-Neither have I.Congrats there from Idaho.16 days here.