Day 2 - usually easy to not drink cuz still

Day 2 - usually easy to not drink cuz still not feeling 100% - it’s when I’m feeling good that I lose the mental battle

How are you feeling now? I would also drink when I felt good. The problem was that deep down I never felt good and thought drinking would help me feel better. Sometimes it worked. Mostly it didn't. I became a daily drinker at 16. Thank G-d for sobriety and support. I was sober at 17 but didn't work the steps for almost five years. Please don't do that!

I would recommend making a video of yourself right now when you are hungover and explain in detail what you feel . Then watch that video every time you feel like drinking when your hangover ends .

Gosh that’s tough - it’s crazy I never really drank - didn’t enjoy it throughout college- it’s just been the last 10 years - and not everyday. I’d go weeks without drinking- feel great and think oh just one drink - which very rarely happens

Now that’s a good idea and I definite realization of the problem/

1 Like

You may consider talking to a counselor and hitting meetings. I am sure there is an underlying reason you drink when you are happy. Diagnose the reason and you will gain control.

1 Like

I so agree - day 4 and starting to get a clear mind but know I need to stay sober to continue to feel better - it’ll definitely be a battle but know I need to stay the course. Never really started drinking out of control until a few years back - I never really drank and there’s obviously a reason why I shouldn’t

I so agree and definitely need to pursue this

Hi Dawn, did you quiet drinking cold turkey?

Yes - which I’ve done before then go back - I’m not an everyday drinker but about 1 day a week but then it’s too much

oh ok thank you...yeah i went on a binge for little over a week...i quiet cold turkey, but the withdrawals are killer!

That’s brutal and have had friends go through this piece - you’ve got this - stay healthy

Thank You...I have too this time! 8pm tonight will be day 1!

You’ve got it

I'm here for you. I have many 24 hours. I'm blessed that for today I have no desire to drink. I'm also exhausted which is when I would drink. It is not worth the pain and shame and remorse.

1 Like

thank you Chaya!

Day 4 and starting to feel not so tired and back to myself but need to stay on the sober path