Day 1. My life sucks

I need help and that’s why I’m reaching out. I have been drinking a lot the past 2 years. Drink of choice - wine. Wine gets me drunk fast and that’s the reason I drink. I’ve been lucky I guess. No auto accidents, no drunk driving, no arrests....yet. I have been publicly intoxicated and it’s shameful and embarassing. I hope to start sharing with some of you here. Thank you.

At least you've identified that there's a problem going on and your doing something to fix it. I recommend trying a couple aa meetings and seeing if you relate with the people there. They can give you feedback and share stories of similar things they've encountered. Feel free to reach out to me if you want to get something off your chest/vent or need a helping hand on getting started in the right direction

1 Like

Hi Paula! I was a wine drinker too, but mostly bourbon, for the same reason...quicker results. Easier said than done....let go of the shame. I know it isn't easy. Trust me I've had my fair share of embarrassments. However, what has happened in the past can not be undone. We can now only focus on the moment we live in.

Feel free to reach out any time :blush:

I had a drinking problem only way i stop 28 days of treatment and change location been clean & sober 14 months one day at a time

I’ve had numerous DUI’s still drinking but now I’m trying to get me head in this!! I was just going through motions past years, bar hopping every night to hook up. Now for past years just been drinking alone going out once in a while. I’m waking up hating have drank again, anxiety all day. I need to do this too it’s getting so FN old

I was in a similar situation this Sunday. Hang in there, it will only get better. Please call a friend or family. Or keep talking to people here.

Hi Paula, I’m a heavy wine drinker myself and am currently on day 2. Today was hard and I almost gave in because it would be easier but I know I would be disappointed in myself. I’m learning to be proud of the little viceroys