Dating in Sobriety ๐Ÿ’•

Dating in Sobriety

What with Valentineโ€™s Day right around the corner, I thought it might be useful to start a thread where we share our best dating in sobriety tips.

Whatโ€™s yours?

2 Likes

Online lol you dont see them, texting and you can legit do what ever with out the temptation of them taking you out or vice versa..

1 Like

Lol pretty much. Iโ€™ve been online dating for years, its much less pressure.

For now I'm not dating since I still don't feel ready yet without maybe being tempted to drink. But when I do start I think I am going to try to find someone that isn't big into drinking or at all. Find someone more health conscience. My friend will be my valentine this year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How is that when living with an ex I know it would be a problem for mine

1 Like

Nature , nature , nature. Go on a tough hike so using is out of the question. Get high, in a good way. :mountain: its rewarding and u feel in tune with your body. plus u actually get 1 -1 time :open_mouth:

1 Like

After rehab I waited a year to date. My rehab recommended it. I worked on myself the whole time and was a way cooler person as a result, so then I had more to offer, too. Been with my man six yrs. We are planning babies. Life is good. Take advice.

3 Likes

Staying single when we know itโ€™s not the right time to date is so smart. Lol in the past Iโ€™ve done the complete opposite. My cat will be my Valentine this year :heart_eyes_cat:

Well, as of right now Iโ€™m not actively pursuing anyone on dating apps. Just because I feel it would be unfair to whoever I met that I still have my ex in the picture given my living situation. But sheโ€™s active on the dating apps and Iโ€™m just kind like ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿผ What can I do? I have no control over other people but she has shown jealousy in the past when I was active on them

Oh man this is such a good one. Natural endorphins, beautiful sights, and you get to see how they react under pressure :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You guys are so cute :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::two_hearts: I wish I had followed the advice to stay single for longer when I first got sober. Being in an unhealthy relationship too early on definitely contributed to my relapse.

1 Like

Treat that lucky feline to fancy feast :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: only the best!

1 Like

Thank you!!! Hey, you learned from it, right?

1 Like

Lololol at the fancy feast comment

1 Like

Of course, I stay learning lessons lol

Good for you!

1 Like

I would recommend dating someone that is either sober, or a normy that rarely drinks. In the past that helped me. Dating now seems like a greater challange for a number of reasons. The one that's relevant here. So many people are accustomed to using alchohol on dates to deal with their social anxiety.

Yeah, I would pretty much suggest the same. Weirdly enough, my most healthy relationship has been with someone who barely drinks but doesnโ€™t have an issue with it. Rather than all the toxic relationships I had with recovering substance abusers lol and youโ€™re right, itโ€™s so normalized to be drinking on dates that it can become difficult to find someone

It ME!

1 Like