😔craving a drink😟

Did 2 virtual meetings today. They somehow made it worse. Day 24.

3 Likes

Interesting. What didn't you like about the virtual meetings?

It seemed very impersonal and everyone was typing in the chats the whole time , even while people were telling their very personal shares.

1 Like

Hello Erica! I totally understand the virtual meetings- I got sober last July when the pandemic hit and everything was closed. When I started, I went to a bunch of woman's meetings and big book meetings. Being in person helped alot, especially when I stayed after and was able to talk to others 1:1. There's a great app called 'Meeting Guide' that lists all the meetings in your area. Another thing I did, and still do today, is treat myself to a massage, getting my nails or hair done. You got this!

1 Like

Gotcha. That can be frustrating. If that specific meeting isn't your cup of tea, you can always try another.

Did you survive Day 2 without a drink?

How’s your day going so far? You got this! It’s all in the mind. Exercise, eating healthy and working a program is a must to keep us sober and busy.

1 Like

Stick with it, Erica!

1 Like

Its been a rough couple of days. Thank you for asking, I dont remember the last time anyone asked me how my day went. I finally cried today. But i havent had a drink. Im now on 26 days and 22 hours

2 Likes

I did, in 2 more hours ill be on day 27.

2 Likes

Thank you, i appreciate all these resources! I will be sure to check it out

1 Like

Erica, you’re welcome. I cried yesterday in the shower. Even after 606 days I still cry from time to time. I believe crying is part of the healing process. I’m no longer afraid to cry.
Keep up the good work! Life gets easier each day. I read chapters 4&5 last night in the AA big book. It was beautiful to read with such clarity. Time for me to get on my steps….
Have a wonderful day filled with love and peace within

2 Likes