Complete blackout

Complete blackout Sunday afternoon.Just starting to feel better today physically.Still the guilt and shame is with me. Am meeting with counselor on Monday. Am wondering is counseling enough or I need inpatient or outpatient treatment. What's work for everyone else. Been drinking with problems for 30yrs.

Different strokes for different folks but there is one thing that works for everyone. Not using period. And meetings. I personally had to face consequences like jail institutions to understand the severity of my addiction. Thankfully just had to go thru them once and have 8 yrs clean but it just takes one weak moment to get back to square one. Only you know what you need. Good luck. We are here for you. Happy Thanksgiving

That’s really an individual thing that only you can decide. I have opted for no counseling, and no rehab - but in my past year I have relapsed three (albeit short lived) times. I’m at four months now and just keep on Going the best I can - because that’s what’s working for me right now. I’m 100% sure I’d benefit from counseling, but providers are limited where I live and the one I was seeing was NOT a good fit, which kinda burned me at the time. Then Covid happened…one day I’ll have to face what’s in my dark closed doors though if I want to feel like I’ve fully recovered.

1 Like

I did inpatient for a month and it saved my life. Been sober since! 470+ days

Thanks Aisha jail is what scares me. Happy Thanksgiving to you

I just completed 5 weeks myself, been drinking for 30 years also. After legal, social, family problems I've decided that this has to stop. Am relying on meditation, determination and patience. The risks and the damage far outweigh the benefits. Needless to say it has been a rough 5 weeks but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This community and reminding myself of the risks keeps me focused and determined. My hat is off to you for being here and as everyone here I support you and am here to help should you need it brother. Happy Thanksgiving.

Inpatient treatment is the best decision I've ever made. It's not even close. If you have been struggling for that long and you're drinking that much you need professional help, and inpatient at a good facility really helps you figure out the cause for your drinking instead of just trying to arrest your surface behavior.

That being said any help is better than none. I hope you reach out to a professional and get their opinion.