Catfishing

Is it just me or do there seem to be a good bit of profiles on here that you can tell the person is not who they say they are? for the most part they seem easy to spot after messaging for a few minutes at least to me anyway

3 Likes

Please send those profiles to support@loosidapp.com

For sure, stay away from Elizabeth Ford, total scammer.

2 Likes

That is terrible! I hope you guys can get this taken care of. It is really cruel and horrible for someone to be lying about who they are on a site geared towards recovery😔

1 Like

yeah Its just weird platform to try and do that on. Like just go make a bogus Facebook or something

There are SO many real wonderful people on here working on sobriety and real human connections but there are also HUNDREDS of fake profiles on here doing “Lonely Heart Scams”. The sober community is especially vulnerable and these grifters know it. I get these messages constantly. Best thing is to document screen shots and send to Loosid Admin. Don't let anyone get you on WhatsApp or Hangouts. Only stay within the Loosid message until you trust they are a real person in recovery.

2 Likes

Send screenshots of messages to support@loosidapp.com

The admins of the app work very herd to keep these kinds of people from affecting members. If you will send you screenshots to them at support@loosidapp.com they will handle them immediately

The good people on here far outweigh the few bad. Usually they are easy to spot. Hopefully everyone reports them and has them removed.

I always ask that they post a selfie thumbs up left hand before i chat.

I'm real :laughing: lol