Can't even sit at the park today really struggling

Can't even sit at the park today really struggling not to make "friends" when will life be normal or can I never sit at the park again alone? In the last 6 months this is the hardest day I've had.

2 Likes

I'm sorry you are having a rough day. Do you want to talk about it?

3 Likes

Just sit there and take in the park. My urges have usually passed within 15 minutes, it’s tough for that 15 but worth every second

2 Likes

Just don't know what is wrong today i came here last week alone but today i looked in the mirror and I'm so fat I know what will help but I don't want to go backwards so i just been smoking weed hoping it'll help some how

Michelle, you not alone. We're here if you want to talk..

1 Like

I cried for 3 hours and tried to get out of my car a few times and broke down crying everytime. It was a difficult day today

Thank you

Not really sure where you're at or what your belief is as far as God is concerned but I do not believe in accidents or coincidences happenstance I believe in divine intervention so maybe maybe he is doing for you what you can't do for yourself at this point just saying but you could always check in with a sponsor and see what they say much love and respect

1 Like

How do I get a sponsor is my question

I have been to about 2 NA meetings on zoom just seems impersonal

1 Like

Your welcome Michelle

1 Like

I hope that you made it through the day. Some days are so gosh darn hard. Our heads mess with us. It gets easier...i know...i just needed to remember that myself. ...and that life is better when it is really lived. Not lived though a blear of alcohol. I have many hard days and have struggled that is why I am trying this site. I wish you the best.

1 Like

Thank you. Very much

How are you doing?

Hi Michelle - I’m looking for solutions also. Let’s figure this out. It’s very difficult while in a dark spot. Sounds to me like you need friends more than a sponsor. My problem is that I’m not into A.A or church. Can you give me some ideas where to socialize in sobriety safe environments. Whatever it is I think it will involve getting out of my comfort zone as I’ve been introverted my whole life and know retired. Good luck

1 Like