CAN YOU COME OUT TO PLAY I remember going to a

CAN YOU COME OUT TO PLAY
I remember going to a friends house knocking on the door and asking if mike or Johnny can come out and play! Playtime wasn’t just fooling around or giving our parents a break. It was an essential part of growing up. This was a time for adventure and taking risks! It was a time to challenge yourself and each other, as we road our bikes down suicide hill and boxed each other. It seemed like we could do anything we wanted except be disrespectful to our neighbors this was not acceptable. We ruled the neighborhood we thought. At a moments notice we were playing baseball, football, swimming , playing marbles, riding bikes, going to monster movies and eating at each other’s houses. My friends would come over and eat my mother’s tamales. I finally told them they are better with the husk off. We also had the conversations that you shared with each other about life the good and the bad. We had questions ,what are we going to be when we grow up? Some of us seemed to know and maybe some of us are still trying to find the answer. All of these things happened during Playtime it makes us who we are . The time comes and you don’t even know it that one day you and your friends go out to play for the last time. Life changes we have to grow up! If you could go out and play one last time with your friends what would you do? I think we should never stop playing if we do something inside of us will die and go away. I’m learning that time is a gift and you should use it well , maybe you should go out and play today?

2 Likes