Bragging Rights

Tell me something that you accomplished since being sober!

2 Likes

I was able to get certified to teach yoga :pray:t3:

7 Likes

Got sober in 2013. Graduated with my bachelor's in 2017 and I'm now almost done my master's!!

7 Likes

After the last time I was in the hospital almost two years ago on the 24th of February 2019, I was recovering from my liver shutting down, I stayed sober had to go to 3 meetings sometimes 4 a day just to survive, I later found a better career and got My Health Insurance License and Life Insurance License. The tests were extremely difficulties to be honest, I know there’s no way I would have been able to accomplish that while still drinking, NO WAY! Lol

4 Likes

Got a relationship with my daughter

5 Likes

How often do you teach yoga?

Sweet! I'm glad you had access to a higher education. Working and managing grad school is no small feat. I've always wanted to pursue my DBA. Now that I'm done with grad school I don't think I want to go back.

1 Like

I'm glad yout health improved and you have a better career. In 2016 and 2017 I became a licensed insurance adjuster. Those tests were no joke!

1 Like

Right? Haha no joke at all! Hats awesome Amanda Congrats!

1 Like

Awesome Victor. I'm glad that's better for you. You need your daughter. Your daughter needs her dad sober. I'm happy for y'all.

1 Like

New job, bought a home, got a puppy!

3 Likes

I have created a new routine to help alleviate the desire to drink through meditation. I also engage in more adventures now that I'm not preoccupied with where my next drink was going to come from.

3 Likes

Thanks my friend.

That's powerful. You're reducing stress and removing the desire to drink. You're doing great.

All this! Great job. Cheers to newness.

Stuck it out long enough to reach the point of sleeping through the night again. Not a huge deal but I couldn't think of anything else. :rofl:

1 Like

2 days to 6 months…lost 35 pounds!

Earned my Private Pilot License, bought my first home, fixed my credit score(700's). Met a woman online 5 years ago and married her almost two years ago. Sobriety is definitely the easier softer way and the payoff is tremendous.

2 Likes

Being able to sleep through the night is a big deal. That can be hard to achieve. You definitely merit a trophy. Share tips please.

Congrats.

Wouldn't it be cool if it were as easy to repair credit as it is to mess it up? :rofl: