Best Sobriety Books? πŸ“š

Best Sobriety Books? :books:

What are some of your favorites? I really love Recovery 2.0 by Tommy Rosen.

I love the Sober Diaries by Claire Pooley

2 Likes

I’ve heard of it but haven’t read it. Is it more of a memoir?

I thought Russell Brand’s book on recovery was amazing. Very refreshing examination and perspective of the 12 steps.

2 Likes

I do like a lot of what he shares on social media, I should give his book a try

Not exactly an addiction recovery book per-se, but I'm reading The Body Keeps the Score. It's an explanation of and guide to overcoming trauma. Talks about how our minds affect our bodies and also provides helpful coping mechanisms towards dealing with traumic triggers and so forth. It's really good.

2 Likes

That’s on my list! I’ve been wanting to read it really badly.

1 Like

This Naked Mind by Annie Grace is probably going to be my next grab. I've heard nothing but good things about that book.

3 Likes

The Big Book :grin:

Everyone should read Drop the Rock and Ripple Effect. The former is a wonderful discussion regarding Steps 6 and 7 (perhaps the most undervalued Steps of the program). The latter is the sequel focusing on Step 10 and incorporating these Steps into everyday life.

Keep It Simple

We are the Luckiest by Laura McKowen. Just finished it for the second time.

2 Likes

I’ve also only heard good things about her work. I follow her on social but I haven’t read the book yet

A little outdated in my opinion :joy::joy:

1 Like

Ahhh I need to read this one!

It was just for participation points :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Dark Night of Recovery by Edward Bear. Also Drop the Rock. Also Breathing Underwater

Check out Dr Sleep by Stephen King. Danny Torrance's sobriety is one of the things that keeps me going today

1 Like

We Are the Luckiest - Laura McKewon

I’ve read it three times and loved the audio!!!!