Are we supposed to count? I haven't been counting. I

Are we supposed to count? I haven't been counting. I know most people do but I feel pressured when I put a number to it? Anybody else?
Also how is everyone doing today?

1 Like

No you don’t have to count. But it’s nice to know your sobriety date so that you can share on your sobriety date at a meeting.

2 Likes

I keep track but I’m not obsessive about it. I like milestones. And round numbers.

2 Likes

I counted days until I hit six months. Then months until I hit a year. And now I count years. It helped me stay motivated. But not everyone's recovery is the same. If it makes you anxious/stressed, maybe just try to keep track of the big milestones instead of counting day by day

2 Likes

Makes sense I haven't done a meeting in a long time lucky enough this time around Loosid has been my greatest support

What's a round number again? I know roughly when the last time I got high was but I get geeky thinking about this "birth"day not into my birthday or Christmas as I don't have my family anymore but I actually want this. I feel like putting a date on it might freak me out

Thanks chicky this is actually a good plan I might just do months like ok got through another one lol

1 Like

When do you think was the last time you used? The next day is your sober birthday. If you’re off by a day or 2 :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I feel it was the week before the 22nd of last month. But I'm pretty sure it was the day of or a few days before my kids birthday

I kept track, not to brag but to let others know its possible. When I didn't have a day of sobreity and didn't think I could get a week or a month, hearing other people share their sobriety dates gave me hope. I think thats the secret to this thing, we help/inspire others and get inspired and helped by others. Keep track and keep it up.

1 Like

Thanks

There you go. Your sobriety date is the day before your kids birthday.

1 Like

Thanks I'm going to share this experience when I finally courage up and hit an actual meeting.

Meetings make me feel good I go to 2 or 3 every week.

1 Like

I don't like the way I look so social situations are hard for me

I sent a friend request

1 Like

I also thought that putting a number on it would be too much pressure. I didnt want to fall in love with the number. Im new to this, so Im learning as well. What ive done is download an app called "Sober Days" . I put in my sober day and the app keeps track. That way if im curious I can know how many days Ive been sober for, if not i just dont open it up. It also has a feature to allow you to see how much money you haved saved so far by not purchasing the drug or alcohol you normaly would have.

2 Likes

For some of us it is easier to be sober just for today. If that is how you keep sane then do it. Your sobriety is not their sobriety

1 Like

Oh I like that it incorporates math

1 Like

I use the pink cloud App

1 Like