Are there any music artists you guys really like that

Are there any music artists you guys really like that are sober.. are there any artists that have surprised you when you found out they don't drink. How about some songs you all like that you feel sends out good sobriety vibes.

That's a tough one. Know alot of punk and hardcore bands that don't sing about drinking or alcohol but not any that mention sobriety.

I take that back… Underoath has a whole album about dealing with addiction… Lost in the Sound of Separation

2 Likes

Yes! Macklemore is sober, listen to his songs drug dealer and otherside.

i listened a lot to Nahko and Medicine for the People when I was getting sober. Finding good tunes and music can help you feel alive and energized. I rely on music a lot to carry me through my life.

2 Likes

I actually haven't listened to them I'll have to check them out. I actually brought this up because I was surprised to find out sometimes when I've listened to songs that seemed in favor of drinking when I listened more closely it was actually the opposite.

1 Like

Oh that's right I think I did hear that at some point. Another good reason why I wanted to chat about this. Probably some good messages these artists might have put out with some of their music

Swimming pools by kendrick lamar was one of them I heard recently that I never really took the time to listen to

Ooh I’ll have to check that one out!

Also huge fan of red hot chili peppers they have a pretty great recovery story

Eminem

2 Likes

I've only recently started getting into eminem. Talk about late to the game lol

2 Likes

Nah its all good. I was late too. Sone of his later stuff actually deals with recovery

1 Like

I just learned Brantley Gilbert has 9 years today.

1 Like

Along those lines come to think of it, Trace Adkins was in recovery awhile back, wonder if he's still with it

Another artist that is a bit off mainstream but definitely sober is Bob Forrest.

1 Like

I'll have to look him up I actually don't know who that is :see_no_evil:

Cool! … Nice to know of new to me artists!

Rich Home Quan, Da baby, Lil Wayne, Eminem. Rap mostly

1 Like

I listen to kingdom muzic it's christian music but very up lifting rap and motivating

1 Like

Yes. Small band called YOUTHFOOL out of Philadelphia. Good friends of mine, and I love their music.

1 Like

Any favorite songs i can look up?