Anyone have really bad trouble sleeping?

Anyone have really bad trouble sleeping ?

11 Likes

Insomnia is common in early recovery. When it stops varies person to person. How long have you been in recovery?

1 Like

Sleep is so important, early sobriety can make that a challenge, how to turn off the brain :brain:

1 Like

Not now. In the beginning of my recovery.

Try prayer it works for me, but you need a higher power for that, steps can get you one, try that

1 Like

I’m just starting recovery and I’m dealing with bad insomnia myself. I listen to meditation audios while laying in bed to help me get to sleep. Wishing you the best of luck in your recovery!

1 Like

I had to quit caffeine altogether during my early stages of sobriety. Now I can really tell if I have just some tea and I’m going good.
My advice is to cut out caffeine, exercise, eat healthy and limit tv and phone screen time 2 hours before bed. Also try to set a time schedule on when bedtime is. For me I was all over the place in early sobriety. Sleep for hours then be up weird hours. Had to force myself into the habit above.

1 Like

1:35am here…

1 Like

Yes for too long now. Day 28

Do you have a doctor? I’m a lifelong insomniac and one of my DOC’s is used for sleep. My doc took me off and gave me some safe alternatives. It’s helping a lot. Hang in there. It WILL pass. I feel crazy without sleep. If that happens to you too, try to remember you’re not crazy. You are doing a brave and beautiful thing

1 Like

Yes I do every night

Yesss, day 7

Sorry you are having a tough time sleeping! There is a lot that can help. Hope you can find some rest

1 Like

I'm an Old Timer and have trouble sleeping. You aren't alone!