Any tips for withdrawal?

Any tips for withdrawal???

1 Like

Only thing that has been helping me is electrolytes, maybe some sugary snacks just in the next few days, and light exercise if feel up to it. For others extra sleep and rest, but that actually makes it worse for me. Other than that, just time will be the true healer. But if your feeling feverish and high heart rate that won’t come down then maybe the ER. Luckily I have Xanax on hand for emergencies so they’ve come in handy for my hangxiety or withdrawals.

1 Like

When I quit drinking and I was drinking vodka all day everyday for a year I used the beer taper method. You drink like one beer an hour the first day then every other out the second day and so on till you can quit. I did come turkey so many times and hospital too many times and it’s horrible. That was the best way for me

Withdrawing from alcohol?
Try drinking honey with OJ. It will help curb cravings. Alcohol has a lot of sugar.
If you're having an elevated heart rate that is feeling uncomfortable then it's time to march off to a detox facility.
I'm not a big fan of pills. People who get on pills end up chasing them their whole lives. Trust me, I've seen this and they never get better. Only worse.
Get to some AA meetings and talk with other AA's. Not a good time to be alone. And if you come to the crossroads and are seriously contemplating picking up a drink, play the scene all the way forward. You might feel temporarily relieved but then you will probably get intoxicated, pass out and when you wake up you will have more built to carry around with you. And the wheel goes round and round. Walk through the pain, get to some meetings and give time, time. Remember that it's 10 miles into the woods and ten miles back out.

1 Like

If they get bad call a doctor. Some experience life threatening symptoms from withdrawal.

Tapering is a method. But 1 beer every hour is not the way.

1 Like

If you need it you can ask your doctor for Librium. It helps a ton. Always talk to a doctor, withdrawal from alcohol can be very serious

For me , and like Jennifer mentioned I use also electrolytes, Protein bars, but some exsersice, like hiking, bike riding or sport and meditation because sometimes with withdraws you can built up Anxiety.. well this helps me..