Any advice about sober dating, last time I got sober

Any advice about sober dating, last time I got sober I didn’t date for the first year, it was lonely, I didn’t need to date anyone last time anyway, but this time I can handle it.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Don’t go on eharmony most are drinkers and I had trouble matching any profiles because of it

1 Like

There has to be a legit dating app for sober people out there, problem is their might not be a lot of people in our areas on it smh.

I am actually googling now. Let u know if I find anything. If you need a support buddy I’m here. I met my boyfriend of 7 years in the rooms. We just broke up so I’m like scrambling

2 Likes

Thanks, and I’m sorry! Gotta be tough but I don’t need to tell you drinking will only make it worse, so please don’t!

7 years sober :smiley:

1 Like

Clean and Sober Love app my have potential

I will check it out / Sobergrid app no good nobody within 100 miles :joy:

1 Like

Oh wow! You got this then, that’s awesome! Congratulations

Yeah I’m on there also

I think that depends on each person. I know AA followers say wait a year. Some may want to wait 5 years. I'll say this though: until alcohol/drinking isn't a go to when you're frustrated/mad/hurt I don't suggest one dates. We shouldn't date until we know for sure alcohol isn't an escape for us. No point in relapsing because of a breakup or argument.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

My problem is I can’t go it alone

Well we friends now so you don’t have too

1 Like

I was on Match for awhile. I had good luck there. I wasn’t ready as they all told me in AA to wait a year and I didn’t listen cause I know what’s best for me! :joy: wrong. So I stopped dating got my year of sobriety. Now I’m on hinge and positive singles due to HSV-2. I agree it’s difficult but I’m trying new ideas and that is I’m not chasing, I’m attracting sober people to be in my life. I’m really trying to figure out who I am still. Going through a divorce. Probably going to take sometime to heal. But I’m also into making friends. Going on hikes. Fun stuff. Good luck with the ladies. There’s a girl for all of us. When the time is right she’ll show up.

1 Like