Another relapse dream

I had another relapse dream. They are not happening as often as they were, but in this one there were just bottles hidden everywhere. I woke up in a sweaty panic.

Does anyone else have very vivid relapse dreams when drinking or using is not on your mind during the day?

I have this recurring dream where one of my friends gets his hands on a bottle of 3000 year old Viking whiskey found on a sunken ship, and he wants me to have a shot :joy: Totally realistic scenario

2 Likes

I had a dream of having a shot of whiskey in front of me at a pub where their food is awesome. I just looked at the glass, folded my arms and remembered everything I learned from the 12 steps. When I woke up, I went right for my fizzy water lol.

2 Likes

I've been sober 65 days. My relapse dreams have been so realistic, I thought I really had relapsed for the first 15 minutes of the day. They have occurred three times in the last week. I figured it is better to dream about drinking, than to actually do it.

2 Likes

Yes i keep having alcohol in my dreams

Y did I do that fear did it I felt better when I found out was a dream

I am 23 days sober and a few days ago I started having those dreams. I keep dreaming that Iā€™m walking into work drunk. I started meditation before bed and center my mind. Iā€™ve been told by people who have many years of sobriety it will stop eventually. Also qe have been so numb for so long. Now weā€™re feeling and those feelings comes out in every aspect of our live.

1 Like

Melissa, I believe that dreams are a way of our bodies discarding and processing things we do not use or need anymore. Allow yourself to let go of the person you were and to be reborn into who you are becoming. The only way out is through.

Thank you!

In treatment, they used to call these dreams a ā€œfree-lapseā€ :joy: not sure of the science behind them but Iā€™ve heard that having dreams abt drinking and using again is a way our subconscious is sort of purging it from our psyche

1 Like

I've actually been having an increase in these dreams lately, it's getting old. I dream vividly and it feels very real. I'm always relieved when I wake up sober but it's becoming frustrating.

Anyway you're not alone. And as long as we don't pick up for real it's a win.

1 Like

sober Bday is 7.3.18 and every now and then Iā€™ll have a dream that Iā€™m at a bar having a shot or two and then Iā€™ll park my car and black out. Thats of course what really used to happen but yes I still have them.