Almost 2.5 months sober from alcohol feels good

Almost 2.5 months sober from alcohol feels good, but I’m having a really hard time finding new sober friends, does anyone have any suggestions? Please thanks

13 Likes

Pray and find some hobbies to keep yourself engage in life. I experienced the same thing as you. Still do. I'll be 3yrs sober this month, and not one sober new friend.
God is my friend and never let's me down.

3 Likes

Thank you Nicole, I’m actively finding new hobbies and I do pray, thanks for your message :pray:t4:

2 Likes

Look online to see if there are any sober groups for hobbies you are into. Also check out the events here in app. They are all geared towards sober people.

Meetings and recovery events

1 Like

Yeah I’d say meetings for sure. I can go hiking or to the river any time. We go to eat Fridays. Occasionally breakfast on Sundays. I’m sure there’s lots more.

Sober 2011 and still want a drink, omg I want.but I don't talk to me if you want. Good afternoon from texas

Go to 12 Step meetings via Zoom and get to know people there. If physical meetings are open in your area, then find friends there. 12 Step meetings often go out to eat and such after the meeting. It's called "fellowshiping" and it's lots of fun!!

Same boat. But 37 days. I'm doing meetings and looking at volunteering in community to meet new friends

I feel you on that. Yeah meetings will help , be open to meeting people that will be good to you. Age appropriate is sometimes hard. Best to be friends with any one that has sober and in common. .. I struggle with that as well. Because Bless AA , NA, meetings sponsors , sometimes I wish I can just live a normal life and find friends without a drug alcohol induced facility attached, .. probably your best bet though.

Get to a meeting. Come early, stay late. Thats where the fellowship and the real magic happens.

1 Like

For me going to meetings in my local area first helped out a lot. Then I branched out to other meetings in the area. This was very early on in my sobriety. Keep it simple. Start out with becoming really good friend to yourself. I had to learn how to love myself before I could love others.
Happy sobriety! Glad to hear you’re doing good though! Keep up the good fight!

Congrats on 2.5 months sober. Outside of church I don't have sober friends.

R u going to meetings?

Woo Hoo ,, Congrats Katie...I was also in the same boat .Left all my old friends and have friends in this app that help a lot.. Going for hikes , bike rides, kicking back in the beach ..

meetup.com allows you to meet ppl according to interests

Im in sherman oaks if you want to meet up

welcome Katie,
i have 4 months and am looking for sober community. add me if you'd like to have a talk sometime.. keep up the good work🥳

This App is great for meeting Sober people!!! I mean it's not a lot of people right now but it's a start. Hopefully, you meet a lot of sober women to help :ok_hand: