Alcoholism, and addiction are devasting daily battles

Alcoholism, and addiction are devasting daily battles for those of us that are dealing with them! We are here to find other people who have the same affliction in an attemp to become free from the chaos and destruction. So, for those of you that are having fun with us, or using this as a dating app, kindly stop. This is real for me, and many others. Maybe I am an asshole, but becoming a sober individual is VERY difficult, and I find this app useful. I could just do without the aspiring models and cougars! But, that's just me! Love and peace!

2 Likes

Again, I am out!

1 Like

I hear you. There is a dating option on this app, but I'm not on the dating side of it, for good reason. So it's definitely frustrating receiving messages from guys trying to pursue something romantic. Dating has always been my biggest trigger to drinking and worsening depression.

3 Likes

I agree, I have received a lot of friend requests from accounts that seem off to me. Pretty much anytime someone has DM'd me it was bogus. Rock on my sober comrads!!

3 Likes

YES!! Right there with u Mike!! I've only been on here for a week or 2, and am very grateful for the support I'm receiving in this community! I did not sign up for this app to be hounded by scammers or others who don't give a rats ass about living a sober life. Thank U kindly, for saying something!

1 Like

Unfortunately, you have to be able to discern the good from the bad on these apps. I have been married for 33 years and unfortunately my wife won’t let me date.
But if she did, this would be the Last Pl., I’d look for a sincere relationship. Not to put anybody down here but the Internet is an extremely dangerous place if you are a novice
Let’s all just make today