Alcohol in food? Yes๐Ÿ‘ or no๐Ÿ‘Ž?

Have you or do you eat things cooked with Alcohol in it?

For Easter dinner I think we're having a beef tenderloin made with some port wine. I don't think it will bother me but I haven't tried doing that while sober.

Thoughts?

It all depends on how you feel about it

1 Like

The alcohol Cooks out

1 Like

Most like the alcohol will cook off in that tenderloin but I shared you concern at Christmas time. I received cookies and my favorites used to be rum balls and anginettes. Those cookies sat in the tray until I had someone in front of me before I tried them after a little over a year sober. They were delicious! I enjoyed them and they didnโ€™t lead me to drink. Everything taste so much better being sober.
One day at a time๐Ÿ™

1 Like

I don't eat food with alcohol in it [knowingly].

1 Like

The alcohol is cooked out

1 Like

If you decide to eat it please reach out to us if you're tempted. We don't want you to relapse.

1 Like

I am making a ham Sunday and I have always cooked it with beer... I'm thinking I might try something different this year.

I think we just switched to ham too bc tenderloin was crazy expensive so no worries there any more :wink:

1 Like

Having alcohol in the house is a trigger for some. I am far enough removed I use alcohol to cook with. Some of the best recipes I have contain alcohol

1 Like