After 7 years of sobriety my wife and I are

After 7 years of sobriety my wife and I are getting a divorce. My 19 year old daughter said to me dad im so proud of you for not drinking through all of this. I have not had the urge or desire to drink. The fellowship of this program is why I am still sober and the trust in y higher power. If you are struggling with sadness or depression its OK..just dont sit in it alone or for to long. Feeling the pain is a good thing because on the other end you will be stronger. Keep it simple and sont forget to pray. God bless.

10 Likes

Sorry you are going through this tough time, but I am glad you are handling it the way you are. Also thank you for the encouraging words for others.

3 Likes

Divorce is hard but you’re handling it like a boss.

2 Likes

You have the admiration of your 17 yo daughter and you are showing a real life lesson to her. It’s all going to be okay. Eventually...

1 Like

I’m going through the same thing. I’ve learned to accept what is happening. Nothing in this world happens by my own making. My higher power who I call God controls ever aspect of my life. In the end I know he has a better plan for me. I just want my wife to be happy. I had to understand that my ego would have my consciously separated from God and when that would happen a lot fear driven thoughts would creep in. Now I let God run the show and I feel like a million bucks. I agree with you Stewart feeling the pain and being humble only makes you stronger. Amen and God bless

1 Like

Thanks buddy. That was powerful.

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I agree with your daughter. Hang in there. This too shall pass.

1 Like

Stay strong man!

1 Like