81 days sober feel amazing need sober friends

81 days sober feel amazing need sober friends

2 Likes

Congrats!! I'm on day 68. I feel amazing as well. Hi, I'm Courrney. I too need sober friends.

4 Likes

11 days! I need sober friends as well :blush:

4 Likes

Nice job keep it up!

2 Likes

Great job… I'm here for sober friends too :star_struck: shoot me a dm if you ever need someone to talk to!

3 Likes

Nice go meet you Shawn, I'm Barb. I am also in need of sober friends. Message me anytime.

2 Likes

Hey! Everyone on this thread should be friends with each other, right? That way we all will have sober friends! Agreed?

2 Likes

Lets be friends

2 Likes

I'm digging the positive vibes :grin:

2 Likes

Congrats! Day 65 here…

1 Like

Congratulations to all of you. First year for some reason goes by so slow. I think the longer we abstain from alcohol/drugs the less we are controlled by the obsession. I remember my first year which in my case happened twice. 1st day is so long.. 1st week is long. Every month goes by so slow. I think it's why we have to do it one day at a time or one hour at a time. Temptations come and go. Be careful about feeling overjoyed about your sobriety in the beginning. For most of us, when we begin our journey back to being a productive member of society, we usually have a boatload of problems that go with the lifestyle we've been living.

As we start to accumulate days of sobriety we can feel like our life is really very beautiful when we've really only just begun to clean up the wreckage of our past. This is known as the Pink Cloud syndrome. I've seen many new people go up to the podium to receive their new monthly chip often boasting about how wonderful life is and how their lives have really changed. A few months go by and the reality of life hits them in the face. Don't get me wrong. The fact that you have begun this journey and have days and months behind you is really applaudable. I can testify that this feeling of being overjoyed is a good thing and more of it will certainly come your way. All I'm saying is just beware and you will be fine. Remember that we deal with alcohol: cunning, baffling and powerful. Without help it is too much for us. But there is one who has all power. That one is God. May you find him now.

Congrats Carlos!