8 month mark. I feel like I’ve beat this. I

8 month mark. I feel like I’ve got this. I struggled for quite some time - but finally feel like I have the control now. I do hope that my doctor and I can figure out my anxiety/depression meds - I drank to “deal” with those issues (surprise, it doesn’t work!) and it would be really nice to get a handle on it and not feel so worthless, sad, anxious....just bad in general all the time. Really need to find work, but really hoping to do something in the work from home arena.

4 Likes

Congratulations on 8 months! I’m convinced I’ll never have control.

1 Like

I know the feeling. My depression has ruled me for longer than I care to admit and drinking was a crap way to cope; found that out the hard way. These feelings we're left with seems like the consequences with which we have to deal but that doesn't mean it will be easy. I wish you the best on your journey.

1 Like

I was pretty convinced I wouldn’t either - and here I am. I don’t have some peoples great stories of how much better they feel, how much better everything is - I feel like I’m stuck in a rut in my life....BUT I have zero desire to pick up a drink to “fix” it.

1 Like

Fuck depression. Ugh....

1 Like

Glad your feeling like you've reached the other side. As we grow sobriety grows with us. After 3 years I can say it's been removed. It took awhile but finally reaching that point was so awesome. I hope you'll find a way that works for you with your anxiety. That was a really hard one on me also. Proud of you, wish you the best.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Ha, for real. It's debilitating. We know intrinsically we're to go on, to live and do all the things 'normal' people say everyone is supposed to do. But it's never been as simple as that. That pit of hell is just the starting point for all subsequent negative thoughts. It's a shit road to hoe and for anyone that knows, you can't un-know it but have to deal even when times are passable. Keep on Marie. And that's not said lightly but with empathy.

1 Like

Congrats on your recovery work. Hey—Walgreens is hiring work at home agents!

1 Like

Congrats, Marie! Been there at that 8-mo. mark several times … don't let up, the stinkin' thinkin' can surface at any time. And re. work from home, IM me, I've been doing it 20 years and have some ideas for you. Hang in!

1 Like

Congratulations! That is awesome! Not taking anything away from you ar all, but please be ever mindful. Most all of my relapses happened around the 8 month mark when I thought I 'had it'. Just words of advice because you deserve many more months :blush:

Good luck on the meds, I would never make it that far in a low state. Fortunately, made a good switch and worked really hard in therapy on my coping skills.

1 Like

The timing has been hell with Covid and my already existing dep/anx I honestly couldn’t imagine making it a week before. I’m completely surprised that I’ve even survived So far through Covid - not to mention being sober! I’ve GOT to get the meds right though, because the lows are absolutely terrible, and even though I refuse to break and drink - I would like to feel like....human.

Thats great don't forget your addiction is out there doing pushups stay focused one day at a time