8 days in... So woke up in a depression assuming its

8 days in...

So woke up in a depression assuming its part of my withdrawal. Then realized thats why I started drinking in the first place to self medicate. But physically starting to feel better. Here's me day 1, 3 and today.

4 Likes

Congrats on your healthy choice. As we used our minds became rewired. Recovery is a process. We spent a long time practicing what wasn't good for us. We'll take a long time doing what is right for us. I also used because of irrational thinking. Practicing what the big book recommends help significantly. Go to a meeting and don't pick up. Things will get better. Choose to accept life on life's terms.

4 Likes

Wow you can really tell a huge difference! Congrats!

1 Like

Well-said Wayne!

2 Likes

Great job Joe!

2 Likes

Congrats. Your look like a new man already. I also used to drink to repress negative feelings, and of course it only made things worse. Now I use meditation and exercise to improve my mood, and I have found my mood has improved overall dramatically. Jjust took a little time to get there, but it gets better every day.

2 Likes

You’re fighting the good fight. Keep fighting. The human spirit is the most resilient. I believe in you.

1 Like