60 days yesterday! I'm able to be happy and feel

60 days yesterday! I'm able to be happy and feel good when I'm clean. Using is miserable and depressing anymore for me. God's making miracles happen for me since getting clean this time. I've got a better mindset and zero reservations like I'd try hang onto the times before. Kinda sucks though I have very few friends cuz they were all or still use so I can't do it. Just ended a toxic relationship to get my boy back and I'd try and try but my sons mom just couldn't get clean. Damn near impossible to do this and be with someone who still uses. Anyhow pandemic creates plenty of freetime so I posted this.

5 Likes

Congrats on your clean time Andy! WE make new friends in recovery - - friends unlike we've ever had. That's my experience. :+1::pray::statue_of_liberty:

2 Likes

I'm happy to hear you're on a good path now. It's hard losing friends and watching them continue in that lifestyle especially when theyre that close to you but you know what's best for you and your son. I know I look forward to the new connections I'll be making now and I think you'll start feeling the same way. This app has been great for that. The pandemic makes it hard to get out right now in person but hang in there.

1 Like

Thank you for the great feedback. I appreciate it. And good to meet you John I accepted your friend request. Thanks brother and my.new sister in recovery. You guys rock!

Hate to be a kill joy but when that early being sober head hits half your head selling that bullshit the other half is buying it take care

Congrats Andy! I appreciate you sharing this and giving honor to your higherpower. Life tends to fall apart before becoming a beautiful thing.

1 Like

Congratulations brother!!

1 Like

Great share. Thank you, and congratulations

1 Like

Keep kickin a$$ man. :metal:

1 Like

Congrats on your sobriety! And yeah it sucks having mostly friends who still drink and use. Glad you’re on here connecting with other ppl in recovery. We need each other!

1 Like