60 days sober today... It's definitely been a struggle

60 days sober today... It's definitely been a struggle. At times I've been a little tired of hearing myself talk about my addictions and emotions and I also start to feel I'm annoying my friends by doing so. What I've learned though is that this is how I've managed to make it this far and why having a sober friend/circle is really important. We understand each other and we never want the other to not talk about it if they feel the need to open up. I've had some pretty good days lately minus a little emotional breakdown a few days ago .. I'm realizing now that back when I was drinking I had zero great days and I'm seeing the progress finally of being sober while weeding through my emotions and talking with friends. The good days are starting to become more consistent. Super grateful for you guys.

5 Likes

Congratulations! 60 days is awesome! Have you read any books? They seem to help me. I just finished Quit Like a Woman by Holly Whitaker and I’m so glad that I did so I just wanted to share :blush:

1 Like

Thank you!! I haven't yet but someone recently recommended “we are the luckiest” so I'm gonna get that … I'll grab this one too while I'm at it. I love some good suggestions. Really appreciate that!

We are the Luckiest was great too! I hope that you enjoy it!

1 Like

Congrats, that’s a major accomplishment. Your growth, acceptance, and understanding of this often very difficult process is inspiring :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like