5 days sober and I am struggling. Through tears I

5 days sober and I am struggling. Through tears I asked my husband for his support this morning. He asked me to go to the bar with him after dinner. I said no. He asked 4 more times even after I started crying and asked to be taken home. Where do I turn

6 Likes

sounds like he must want you dead :man_shrugging:t2:

What does that even mean??!!

1 Like

It means that anyone contributing to your sickness by actually asking you to drink IS NOT HELPING YOU! Normies have no clue what you are going through.  has anyone told you that you have or might have a disease… I got it and didn’t even know it.

1 Like

I do not agree

Thank you

That’s cool it’s just science. I remember why I stay away from active alcoholics. Your prefrontal cortex is completely fried. You have no way to make rational decisions. After you’ve been sober for about seven months you’ll get it. Oh but of course my recovery is far from perfect I am fallible. I have been sober for a hot minute what the fuck do I know?I totally respect your opinion I just hope it doesn’t kill you. Have a nice weekend I hope you stay sober

2 Likes

You are a fucking dickhead. This is why I delayed using an app Like this because of pricks like you Matt P.

3 Likes

Would you be happy if I were dead? Because I can make it happen . I’m close tonight especially after your comments

Go to an AA meeting when he goes to the bar.

3 Likes

The pain is awful. We get thru it. Our Higher Power gets us thru the low times Loosid gang loves you! Move forward to a most beautiful life with us!!!

2 Likes

Lori, I can only speak for my experience. I have a little over 6 years sober thank God! But I'd say go to a meeting somewhere and take your sobriety one minute at a time! Great work on the 5 days!

1 Like

I know it's hard to believe now but it gets way easier over time! And it's hard for people around you because if you're admitting you might have a problem drinking that's calling them out on it I remember misery loves company

1 Like

I have 1 day and have nobody to help me but me I came from the hospital this morning and my man had a bottle I poured it out and put him out u can do this

3 Likes

I’m sorry I feel passionate about this. I’ve been to rehab five times. I’ve spent over a year and a half of my life locked up so I wouldn’t kill myself with booze and crack. My ex-wife continued to order cases of wine to the house on a weekly basis. Then she would drink in front of me. I finally took the advice of a long line of therapists and DIVORCED that twisted bitch. In the end I surrounded myself and sought out people that love me.

1 Like

Hey Lori, great job on those 5 days!! If you can’t find support at home, you’ll have to find lots of meetings. Maybe an old school 90 in 90 would do you good and let your loved ones know how serious you are.

While Matt P doesn’t have much in the form of bedside manner, he’s right in that choosing sobriety unavoidably changes the people you spend time with, the places you go, and the things you do.

Just like drinking did as your disease progressed.

6 Likes

Everyone needs to get along that’s why we all joined this app for support not head games

4 Likes

Away from him!

Umm a divorce could be in order? Sorry hun but my ex wife divorced me because I used.

I'm candid as hell. Take it for what it is. Your sobriety comes first at this stage in the game doll.