13th sober day and it feels great! I’ve made time

13th sober day and it feels great! I’ve made time for myself and have felt in complete control. It may be early, but I’m realizing how great it feels to always have a clear mind.

I’ve still hung around friends that are drinking, and really the only thing that bothered me so far was not being able to sip on a drink since I genuinely like the taste. I found a few companies that make non alcoholic beer and wine (tastes pretty accurate too), which has really helped in social settings! Has anyone else tried it? Not sure the stigma around that or if it’s frowned upon for someone recently sober but it really made me feel included and more comfortable. Thoughts?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry if there is a stigma! This is about working on you and doing what is best for you! If it made you more comfortable and it helped to not hVe a real drink than do it!! Congrats on your new found sobriety!

1 Like

If you can have non alcoholic stuff and not be tempted to chase the buzz that is a great way to keep craving the taste at bay. There is a Mexican soda called Sangria that tastes just like the real thing just fizzy. It is so close I kept checking the bottle to see it if was in fact non alcoholic.

1 Like