13 days sober, and I drank. F****

I have been so motivated, but tonight I gave in. My partner has been begging me the last year to become sober. And then when I did, I did not get the acknowledgment that I needed. He even would say “oh that’s right, you’re not drinking this week.” I asked him to help me get to meetings, and he says he will try but the last three times, I have had to stay at home with our daughter vs. taking care of myself. How can I get him to understand I am serious this time?

1 Like

I agree with Jessica. You gotta do this for you and your daughter. Even if that means you gotta do it without your partner.

2 Likes

Do it without him. His loss if we won't be supportive. Don't let him get you down. If you need to go to a meeting without your daughter ask someone else you trust to take care of her. You and your daughter need you to be sober.

2 Likes

I’m sorry to say this sue. But this guy got to go! You need support at home. The negativity is not good for your recovery.

1 Like

AA homegroup is the website with the link to 24-7 AA meetings, lots of people who have kids and can’t get to physical meetings on there. Very welcoming and accepting people I’ve met on there including my sponsor. Highly recommend it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your message! I found a group tonight, and I went to my first online meeting. It is the perfect group as it is a women of faith group!!

Lauren your words spoke to me so much. I hid a lot from him as I was a pretty good drunk. He did not realize how bad it was. So to him, he thinks I am just doing a thing. We talked last night when I really broke down how much I drank and how it was impacting me and us. Even thought I explained it to him, I must realize that this is my fight, and he may not relate to it.