What have you discovered that you love about sobriety?

I love that my granddaughters have always known a sober grandmother. Especially when my youngest runs up and shouts "Nanny, I love you !"
Thank you Bill W.

3 Likes

Sober memories are a blessing!

Yes. Another reason for gratitude !

1 Like

I needed to hear this. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Remembering a nighttime conversation the next morning. Also waking up not hung over

3 Likes

Presence

2 Likes

No hangovers! Lol

2 Likes

That's definitely something I don't miss!

1 Like

It's a beautiful thing for someone else and for the one seeing it happen!

Brushing my teeth without gagging. I’ll be grateful for that every single time.

2 Likes

It's amazing the different aspects of health we neglected and learn to grow with in sobriety

1 Like

I love discovering the real me and feeling like I can take on anything. No more hiding in shame and anxiety, waiting for the other shoe to drop. Life is good. I don’t wanna go back.

2 Likes

That’s a great question Andy!
Well I can say that I love the mental clarity I have. The drive to be a better version of myself. The smile on my sons face when he told me that he can see the changes I’ve made! The best part is I didn’t say a word about the changes I was going to make, I just made them. Makes me tear up every time I think about it.

2 Likes

I discovered myself, and I love me!! :cupid:

2 Likes

The energy i didnt think i had lol

2 Likes

Also how much money I could save, and how much weight I have lost! Apart from the stuff id drink, id always eat so much when I was lit and really unhealthy food too.

2 Likes

This is one of the biggest things I love... finding me, learning about me, discovering means hopefully helping you in the process. It's a beautiful thing!

2 Likes

It's awesome looking back on the course of action you took and how you may have never even dreamed of where you would be. Awesome your son is a part of it too!

1 Like

I'm sure there is much more to discover and more love too!

Thank you :pray: yes, there are days I sit a think how did I get here?!. I’m very grateful my son is a part of my life and I am a part of his.

1 Like